Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Chocolate of the God's Mousse

I got this recipe from my latest SHAPE magazine. I was very sceptical, so I made very mini version and oh my goodness, is it fabulous. I do not understand why anyone would make it with all that dairy cream. Be bold, try it and enjoy a sensual food experience. You could either keep the ingredients a secret, or like me, be super excited to talk about the raw, vegan ingredients!
2 avocados
1/2 cup of maple syrup
(optional) 2-4 tbsps of additional sweetner to taste
(optional) 2 tbsps of coconut oil
1-2 tsps of vanilla extract
1 tsp of balsamic vinager
1/2 tsp of low sodium soy sauce (I omitted this ingredient for my family as soy is an allergen)
1 cup of cocoa powder
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. You can eat immediately or serve chilled with raspberries and fresh mint. You can refrigerate for up to a week or freeze for up to a month. Enjoy. I hope you love it as much as I did. Let me know!

No comments: